The clouds have lifted and the sun is brightly shining. My head is clearing as well, and my eyes are beginning to see the beauty of the light. Promise. Hope. Happiness.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Bad things do happen in threes

I'm trying -- really trying -- not to just crawl up in a ball and cry. I am not sure I'm winning the battle.

Joel currently is on a flight back to Wisconsin for his best friend's dad's funeral (were those proper use of apostrophes? anyway....) Jesse called on Friday and said, "my dad just died." I was seriously stunned. Apparently, he had a massive heart attack when he was home alone. Jesse's mom found him when she got home and tried to do CPR. It was far too late. I tried to mumble and fumble out the words that would express my absolute devastation for him -- another battle that I lost. Anyway, the funeral is on Monday -- so Joel flew out and will be home on Tuesday. Quick trip, but he needs to be there.

This is on top of 2 other deaths this week (hence the title). I didn't actually KNOW either of those women, however, only knew their family...but still....death. It's such a horrible time of year to lose someone. I can't imagine ever losing my parents, but then to lose them during the holidays, it's almost too much for me to swallow.

So anyway, time moves on for those who survive. Jesse and Amy are pregnant. He/She is the first grandchild.



*sigh*

A life light expires right as one is soon to be lit.

*sigh*

2 comments:

dmmgmfm said...

Awww girl, I'm so sorry for all you are going through. I am sending peaceful thought and prayers your direction.

Comforting hugs,
Laurie

Heather said...

sorry my dear.

(your apostrophes are lovely if it's any consolation).

Let me know if you need anything.