I have to work tomorrow so I am going to be missing the "meet the teacher night." Luckily, I know people. HA. My sister, Kerry, arranged a pre-meeting. I'm excited. I'm also sad. Divorces are ugly -- mine in particular. So, I have to go into the whole thing -- who is who in the boys life. (remember JHo works at the school too, which always confuses the hell out of people). I also am going to need to ask them to try and do the best to keep both parents informed simply because we aren't on speaking terms. That doesn't say much for our maturity level. I'm disappointed in both of us.
But that said, my baby is starting Kindergarten on Monday -- Dane will be in third grade. *gulp* It feels like yesterday that Dane started kindergarten. I remember chronicling it with pictures and love in this very blog -- Monday will be so different. Cole won't wake up at my house. He won't get ready with me, eat breakfast with me and I won't drive him to school. I don't work, however, so I'll be there. I'll get to love on him...but it certainly won't be the same. I asked Joel if he'd take some pictures of the boys that morning. Apparently, by the rude response I got back, that is asking too much and "he's not doing any favors for me."
Pictures of our children...a favor?!
The clouds have lifted and the sun is brightly shining. My head is clearing as well, and my eyes are beginning to see the beauty of the light. Promise. Hope. Happiness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh sweetie, I teared up reading that... Can you make your own "first day of school" at your house, the next day? I know it won't be the same, but it technically will be YOUR first day of school, sending them off.....and you can make it uber special for them. (((HUGS))))
Nancy...former PALP
goodness, girl.... you take your camera and take pictures in front of the school..... sorry he's such and A$$ (i was gonna say "being" an A$$, but he just IS one!!) Good grief!
~many hugs to you my friend!
~annie
I agree with Tim's mom, you can make it special in your own Kristen (most awesome mom in the universe next to me of course, lol) way.
I know it will not be the easiest of days, but you are a strong, loved woman and you will not only survive, you will thrive once all this is all behind you.
Big hugs,
Laurie
Post a Comment