Cole crawled into bed with us around 3 this morning. Just cuddled all in. He jumps in the middle hugs me with his hands, puts his feet over Justin and says "I love you, mom."
awwwwww, "I love you too, bobo"
....and then we fall back to sleep.
I wake up, look at the still unplugged clock and say, "babe, any idea what time it is" to which I get no reply. So, I look at the phone. "Honey, it's 7:30." Justin says, "what day is it?" Ha. "It's Thursday" and up he jumps... "damn, I thought it was the weekend, wishful thinking."
...and Cole rolls over with a big smile on his face, and in the sweetest voice, "Um, mom, I love this new house" and proceeds to get kisses all over from Piper and ends up in a fit of laughter.
I look up at Justin, he's looking at me... a moment.
"I love you."
"I love you too, baby girl."
Pure bliss. *smile*
The clouds have lifted and the sun is brightly shining. My head is clearing as well, and my eyes are beginning to see the beauty of the light. Promise. Hope. Happiness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment