The clouds have lifted and the sun is brightly shining. My head is clearing as well, and my eyes are beginning to see the beauty of the light. Promise. Hope. Happiness.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

One more day down of my OB rotation...One remains....

I have to finish up my presentation tonight. I really do like L&D but I don't think it probably is the place I will end up. It will be interesting though. We even got out a little early today -- so I was thrilled to pick up the boys early! They are, and I'm not kidding, my reason for everything. You can't really explain that to someone that doesn't have, or doesn't want, kids. Literally EVERYTHING I do -- I do for Dane and Cole.

Anyway -- for a little satirical comedy....so yesterday I picked the boys up from school. We went to the dollar store (a favorite treat of theirs)... they each get two dollars....and I get to browse. Cole got 2L orange soda and pudding (LOL) and Dane got 2L "cola" and flamin hot Cheetos (LOL). I got some dishwasher soap, socks for the boys and decided to buy Joel a really generic birthday card. See, here's a little tidbit about lil' ole' me. I LOVE CARDS. I always get my friends and family cards. I think they are cute and fun -- and I love getting them as well. At the cash register the boys BEGGED to buy silly string to spray Joel with when I dropped them off at practice -- "sure" I say...I even feel peaceful about it -- thinking the boys will love this -- Joel will be thrilled with their laughter and I will drive away knowing that we are finally getting over the grossness. Fast forward to today -- I picked up the boys -- first thing Dane says, "Mom, dad was mad about the silly string -- said we shouldn't have done that" and Cole gives me a stapled file folder with my name on it and says "Dad says to tell you that you giving him a card is inappropriate." Yep, sure enough, my card is unopened inside. Now, tell me how mature that is? First of all that there is even an ISSUE with it -- and secondly, if you had a problem with it, just throw it away and call it a day. Why in God's Green Earth would you make your children have to go thru that!? Ack. Here's the "inappropriate" dollar store (LOL) card.




















OK, I know, I know...very touching, isn't it?! My guess is that the underline reason is his girlfriend's jealousy -- and his insecurities...that he had to prove something to her by returning it to me and making a point. The only point it made for me is that she has even a tighter grip on his balls than I originally suspected. And, really, I need to stop trying to be nice -- trying to be friendly -- I just need to stop.

So tonight Justin, Dane, Cole and I are going to have pork chops and broccoli. I'm going to love on my boys and be grateful for the fact that I have love in my life. I need to just celebrate what I have -- stop looking backwards...and even, stop looking forward. But look at today. I will look at Dane with his tooth so loose it's about to dangle out of his mouth, his hair a sweaty mess of boy, and his hug tight like he hasn't seen me in months. I will look at Cole's beautifully scarred face, broken arm, missing teeth and sweet giggle. I will look at Justin, who worked a hard days work and loves to come home to all three of us. I will even be grateful that I have homework to do....you know why? Because, having homework means I am going after my dream....and quite frankly, far too many people are happy with doing whatever doing is...and that's not enough for me -- and it never has been.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ~Reba McEntire

No comments: