
Today has been a hard day for me. I haven't been able to get it off my mind. I haven't been sleeping well. I woke up this morning pumped and ready for my exam. I KNOW that material inside and out....I ate a good breakfast and headed into my exam. 37 out of 47. UGH. I should have done much better. They haven't done the item analysis yet -- and by the sounds of the class -- I'm hoping for a few extra points.
Then I had my appt. with the dermatologist. It's wrapped for 24 hours, but when it gets unwrapped I'll take a picture. Apparently I've stunned the dermatological world and my previous biopsy had to be sent to a specialist in New York. He's concluded that the cancer I have in actually a mole growing INSIDE a congenital mole (that I was possibly born with). That is why the cells are all so funky and different from each other. They did three "dye" tests and it doesn't seem that the cancer I have is Melanoma. PHEW! But, to rule it out (YUCK) they suggested some pretty wide margins. So now I am the proud owner of an incision that required 4 internal stitches and 9 external stitches. We all laughed at the positioning -- right between my tattoos -- and she said that when all is said and done, I can just tattoo over the scar or just add it into the tattoos somehow. That's a quality dermatologist...love her.
Then I had a few more uneventful appts -- and headed to pick up the boys!!! yippee!!!! They truly make everything worth it -- HUGE HUGS. Dane's having a hard time in school - I think he is a lot like his mama and works too FAST and makes silly mistakes and then gets really down on himself. He still pulls his hair out when he's stressed (read -- when he's at his dad's mostly) -- and Joel shaved his head because of it. Dane hates it. He's lucky he has a beautiful bald head -- but my goodness he looks SO MUCH like his dad with his head shaved. And, I'll keep this between you and I -- but his "bald spot" beautifully resembles a heart...here he is doing homework before practice tonight -- can you see it? (it reminds me of looking for the eyeballs in Herb Mignery's artwork....LOL...only my family will understand that one.) shhhhhhhhhh
and even MORE fun is that COLE GOT HIS CAST OFF!!!!!
And, for this evening, I've got chicken in the crock pot -- a vegetable ready to steam and the boys are requesting mashed potatoes....all of this will occur AFTER Dane's practice is done -- after 8:00pm. The boys are in a mad rush to complete their homework so they can watch some TV and decompress before practice. I start my Pediatric rotation tomorrow and Friday. Friday night Dane has practice then we are going to paint a sign for his game Saturday morning. After his game,we are hosting a BBQ of our closest family and friends. I love my family and I love my friends.
Move forward.
See and Feel the YELLOW.
Breathe.
Love.

No comments:
Post a Comment