It doesn't matter what it is -- if it is a hangnail, a knocked out tooth, a black eye, road rash, bloody nose, or stitches (yep, we've had them all - and recently) -- all it takes is a little love from mommy or daddy and a bandaid. Occasionally we pull out all the stops and give them a bandaid adorned with scooby doo or spongebob and wahla...Fixed.
I wish my world were that simple. Can you imagine feeling scared about anything, or hurt about anything, and your mommy could still swoop you up, give you a bandaid and make you feel better?
So yesterday Cole and Dane collided -- causing Dane to scream loudly. I paused Oprah (some things have to wait) and ran into the room about the time Dane looked at his dear brother who was gushing blood from his nose. Instantly, Dane was healed (oh wait, COLE is DANE'S BANDAID!) and Cole started to cry from the ghastly look from his calm mother and bold big brother. Yep, bloody nose, scraped and already swelling eye...Cole, wiping blood all over his face, whispered, "I think I need a bandaid."
And then this morning, Cole announces it's time to pee....and when it takes a while for him to emerge from the restroom, I yell for him.... "COLE, do you need help"....
"...No mommy, I just needed to get a bandaid."

No comments:
Post a Comment