I just couldn't sleep last night -- and was just reflecting on the last year....so much has happened around Joel and I, even if 2005 was relatively slow for us as a family. There were friends of ours that had babies born, including my beautiful nephew -- and there was also a funeral for a fighting child spirit. Joel and I took our fertility into our own hands for the first times in our lives -- only to kiss is goodbye. :-) There were grandparents that passed away, and friends' parents that also moved on to wherever we move on too....there were marriages (YEAH!) and proposals (ya gotta talk to Rentch girl)....and moves, and new jobs and celebrations and laughter. Dane started school....and Cole got a fast pass to the hospital ER. (LOL) We just trucked along -- honoring all the friendships and love around us -- truly blessed with what we have...it makes me very excited for 2006...where I already know I'll toast to at least one wedding and at least 2 very close friends having children. I mean, really, does it get any better than that?!
WHOOOOOOOSH!!! The year is gone.....crazy.
The clouds have lifted and the sun is brightly shining. My head is clearing as well, and my eyes are beginning to see the beauty of the light. Promise. Hope. Happiness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment