The clouds have lifted and the sun is brightly shining. My head is clearing as well, and my eyes are beginning to see the beauty of the light. Promise. Hope. Happiness.

Monday, May 26, 2008

Dear D, K, A, T, J...to name a few

I just have to write. I probably shouldn't, but I have to. After shedding a thousand tears last night -- and perhaps a million more in the last year, I owe it to myself to give myself a voice.

I am not quite sure you think that you have the right to judge me. I am not quite sure why you think that divorce may be contagious. I am not quite sure why *I* thought our friendship was strong enough to withhold the bad times. I have learned a valuable lesson.

I have learned that in the hardest times, friends walk away. I have learned that in the darkest times -- a divorce, deception, death -- people whom said they loved me, are too "uncomfortable" to ask me how I am. I have learned that the "how are you" and "I miss you" email and phone calls (wait, correction...email...and phone call) are only to make you feel better. You know what....save it.

You are such a hypocrite.
Thanks for the invite.
Thanks for the consideration.
You are judgemental,
You are rude.
You are mean and awful.
Stop saying that you are a person of God
We've been friends so long - what a JOKE
I hope that you never fall upon hard times
You are ugly.
You are hurtful.

I will never forget the hurt you have caused me -- the salt you have rubbed in my wounds. Perhaps it is better to know now... you don't deserve my tears

Tell that to my broken heart.

No comments: