Well, I'm jumping in with both feet. I deserve to feel better about the losses I've experienced -- specifically, my divorce. In a previous blog, I wrote that I went to a new counselor and that she suggested a book, "Rebuilding" by Bruce Fisher. I got the book and started it. I've only read the first couple chapters, but I think it's going to be helpful. I'm taking my time with it -- armed with a pen to highlight certain things that stick out. It suggests journaling -- which I knew would be powerful for me, as I like to get my thoughts out on paper. It gives a group of questions at the end of each chapter -- I'm going to answer those questions on my blog. If this is too uncomfortable for you -- just skip all the "Rebuilding" blogs.
Without further ado (man, that's fun to say...)
How are you doing? Respond with satisfactory, I need to improve, or unsatisfactory.
1. I have identified the rebuilding blocks that I need to work on.
I need to improve. Well, I did star a few of them that I know will be struggles for me. I starred "Fear: I have Lots of It!," "Friendship: "Where Has Everybody Gone?," "Grief: "There's This Terrible Feeling of Loss," "Transition: "I'm Waking Up and Putting Away my Leftovers" and I put a large question mark over "Relatedness: "Growing Relationships Help Me Rebuild."
2. I understand the adjustment process.
Unsatisfactory
3. I want to begin working thru the adjustment process.
Satisfactory
4. I want to use the pain of this crisis to learn about myself
I need to improve (I'm so scared)
5. I want to use the pain of this crisis as motivation to experience personal growth.Satisfactory
6. If I am reluctant to grow, I will try to understand what feelings are keeping me from growing.
Satisfactory
7. I will keep my thoughts and feelings open to discover any rebuilding blocks that I may be stuck in at the present time.
I need to improve (I'm scared I'll hurt those around me)
8. I have hope and faith that I can rebuild from this crisis and make it into a creative learning experience.
I need to improve (I undoubtedly will grow...I hope it's for the better)
9. I have discussed the rebuilding blocks model of adjustment with friend in order to better understand where I am in the process.
I need to improve. Obviously, I'm getting professional help -- and she led me to this book (I meet with her later today as well)... Interestingly enough, I had a wonderful meaningful talk with my friend Robin this weekend, where I touched on several of the blocks without even knowing it. But, I don't' really have many friends to really talk to about this.
10. I am committed to understanding some of the reasons why my relationship ended.100% Satisfactory
11. If I have children of any age, I will attempt to help them work through their own adjustment process.
I promise to try....I definitely promise to try.
The clouds have lifted and the sun is brightly shining. My head is clearing as well, and my eyes are beginning to see the beauty of the light. Promise. Hope. Happiness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love you Kristen...
Post a Comment