The clouds have lifted and the sun is brightly shining. My head is clearing as well, and my eyes are beginning to see the beauty of the light. Promise. Hope. Happiness.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

I had a productive day today -

I won't bore you with all the details, but I will tell you this...I went to my annual pap smear appt today, finally (a wee bit -- months --late). I get all antsy come this time of the year. I mean, really, I would question any woman who genuinely enjoys this invasion...but alas, it needs to be done.

Today....was oddly not unpleasant. My OB/GYN works in my hospital and people rant and rave about him. He's got a real "straight shooter" type of demeanor that seems to fit his small in stature, but large as life attitude that blazes as bright as his bleach blonde hair. For those in AZ, he was on the cover of the newspaper a few months back -- not for being a Doctor Extraordinaire -- but, for embracing the environment and choosing to forgo the usual MD mega gas guzzling SUV and, instead, ride his Segway to and from work. (Segway... if you don't know what that is, it's the cool gadget that Paul Blart the Mall Cop drives around -- and if you don't know who that is...well, I've got nothin' for ya.)

Sure, it makes it a little odd around the hospital when I see him and I know he has *seen* me, but never the less....he's my choice and I got it done... We sat and talked about all the different medications that I have been on and he seemed to genuinely care. He brought up my weight (TABOO TABOO) and I actually agreed...something must be done. Since I have been on my anti-depressants/anxiety meds I've gained just short of 40 pig pounds...that's since NOVEMBER! Yikes. That's almost enough to forget the anti depressants....the weight will depress me anyway!

....so here it is folks, I'm making a change...I'm not going to say I'm dieting -- or I'm joining a gym -- or that I'm going to undergo some amazing altered lifestyle, I'm just simply going to say that I'm going to care. I'm going to care what goes inside this body of mine -- and I'm going to care to get my health to a place where I know I should be around for the lives of my children and their children. I'm going to get to a place where I look in the mirror again and feel really good about myself. And, I'm most certainly going to get to a point where Dr. Bleach Blonde Segway Rider doesn't feel the need to bring my weight up while looking at my ookadook.

TAWANDA!

No comments: