Growing up, we just didn't learn Geography. I don't think any of the Scottsdale schools taught us jack about it, frankly. English. Yes. Math. Yes. Science. Minimally -- I learned probably more from Mr. Wallace in 6th grade then in my years to follow (Mr. McIntyre taught me the art of blue slips...and "cut it"....oh and "I said to myself, "self"...anyway I digress.) But never Geography.
The map...the beautiful world map. It has been neglected and suffering lately. The move kinda had it tattered and torn in a corner (GASP!) I quickly tacked it up on the wall in Cole's room simply because there was space. Since then, one year has passed and the poor little world map has become even further neglected and proves it by continually falling off the wall sending me into a minor tizzy each time.
Sooooooooooo...what's all this mumbo jumbo about? Yesterday Justin went and bought wood and built Mr. World Map an INDUSTRIAL frame. This thing is NOT coming down. Already seeing Mr. Map fluff his tail feathers, Dane, Cole and I painted the frame. It was good....but something was missing.
All of the sudden it came to me.... *IDEA* So I hurried to my arts and crafts, set up the paints and had the boys paint the letters I gave them....then when it was all dry, I hung up the words...
ISN'T IT JUST PERFECT!? :-D

No comments:
Post a Comment