The clouds have lifted and the sun is brightly shining. My head is clearing as well, and my eyes are beginning to see the beauty of the light. Promise. Hope. Happiness.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Last night, we settled in for Pizza and "Bride Wars" -- (m)

We happen to have an infatuation with "The Red Box" movie rentals, as of late. We've seen pretty much all the movies we really wanted to see so now we are going back in time to those that I wanted to see, but wouldn't pay in a theater.

Bride Wars. It's a movie about two best friends who grew up together (Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway) who both get engaged at the same time and both hold the same dream of getting married in June at the Plaza. Yep, Justin, Dane and Cole also watched it with me. See, I LOVE Kate Hudson. I think she's adorable...and I think she seems like she would be a cool chick to hang out with. I love that she married (and divorced) a totally ugly hippie (LOL) and her relationship with Ryder, her son, seems cute and fun. Anyway, I generally enjoy the movies that she makes....so I figured I'd like this one...

...but I REALLY LIKED IT. I laughed and I cried. While the plot is extremely predictable - it really struck a cord with me. There is a line at the end of the movie, that (with tears falling down my cheeks) I quickly grabbed a pen and paper and wrote down the quote:

"Sometimes in life there really are bonds that can never be broken. Sometimes you really can find that one person that will stand by you no matter what. Maybe you'll find it in a spouse and celebrate it with your dream wedding, but there's also the chance that the one person you can count on for a lifetime is the one person that knows you, sometimes better than yourself, is the same person that has been standing beside you all along"

I love that.

In one way, I love that because I have some people who I share that bond with (I love you -- you know who you are) but also, it makes me sad. Many of the people that I thought those bonds had been created with, clearly weren't the relationships that I believed them to be. Obviously I am speaking about my marriage -- to a man that I still have no problem saying I loved whole heartily and was my world at one point in time. But also to many of the friendships that weren't strong enough to last the breakup of my marriage or the struggle that my life, at least a year, post marriage turned out to be. "A crisis" as the movie puts it.

It's really noone's fault. But it proves that in this world you have to hold on tightly to those that you love, you trust and who, in a pinch, would give up feeling uneasy to ensure your happiness, friendship, growth and love.

Friendship and love should be a very selfless thing and sometimes may take pure strength and determination to hold that relationship bigger than the individual act/actions that caused the crisis. And sometimes we all slip, LORD KNOWS I HAVE, but in the the long run, if it's not the absolute end, all things can be repaired, if the love is strong enough, the desire is real enough and the friendship means enough.

....even in a drag out fight on your wedding day. LOL

...and that gives me such hope.

Who knew!?

No comments: