The clouds have lifted and the sun is brightly shining. My head is clearing as well, and my eyes are beginning to see the beauty of the light. Promise. Hope. Happiness.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Today is June 10...

Other than the fact that it is my ex-mother-in-laws birthday -- I tend to believe that 10 is my lucky number. My name is KrisTEN, afterall...I plan on marrying my love on 10/10/10...and I just all around enjoy the look of the number 10 -- the even number 10. I didn't have to work today -- got the boys back and was hopeful.

Then life struck.

After careful consideration of my Income to Debt ratio and the inconsistency of my exhusband to be up to date on child support (currently 2, or is it 3, payments behind)...I officially filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy (I've been telling people the number 7 was unlucky for years, now I have proof) I left the office feeling slightly relieved, slightly terrified and mostly unsure. I called up my one and only to find out he was just fired from his job... a family of four on my $11+ and hour salary...stellar. Then I had to HURRY get the kids from Kerry's (which they love) to get them to grandma's house (which they just MIGHT love more). Now, they don't get to spend nearly enough time with their grandma -- whom they love probably more than they like me most days, so this was a real treat. (I miss my mom too...wish she'd move closer...Scottsdale isn't far but, in gas terms, is almost equal to working a full 12 hour shift). Then I hurried back to my side of town just so Justin and I could have what was the most unproductive and annoying counseling sessions yet...It ended up with a drive home in tears

that have morphed into tears in my beers....

In the game of life:

Life - 2,019

Kristen - 2

No comments: